Last weekend was our very first summer adventure trip! We hit up the old stomping grounds - central San Diego. Friday night we rolled into town earlier than expected (when does that ever happen?!) and hit up one of our family favorites - Daphne's! YUM-O! We have yet to find a comparable establishment in Palm Springs.
After our gyros and pita burgers, we hustled down to the beach to find June-gloom in full force.
I know, my hand is in an awkward place
Julianne declared, "Let's go home!" Oh dear.
Ten minutes later we left and decided to pop by our old place. We saw lots of neighbors who couldn't believe how big Julianne had gotten and admired our beauty Kasiah. When we left for hell the desert, Siah was still cooking and Juji was one month shy of two! It was great to see all those friendly faces.
Saturday we spent the early morning at Sea World. By then it was apparent that Julianne wasn't in top form (we have been battling what I think is Valley Fever), but she seemed to recover enough to ride the rides and watch the Dolphin Show - which was incredible! Lots of acrobatics - and of course I didn't get a single photo.
I was holding the wheel steady...we weren't feeling this ride!
Kasiah watch Juji and Gaga fly
This ride was a hit!
By 11am, though, we were done. We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting our friends whom we desperately miss and enjoying the San Diego air (it's moist!).
We had so many wonderful moments this trip, but one of my favorites was laying in bed Sunday morning with the girls while we watched a movie. It was so peaceful and we were all happy just to be together. Once we finally got around to leaving the hotel, we met up to celebrate a dear friend's birthday at Studio Diner - that place is great!
Greg, Jeff and Emily at Jeff's 25th Birthday Celebration!
Julie (same birthday as Julianne!), Casey and Jenna
The plan was to head to the zoo, but Juji lost her supper (the movie "Parenthood" comes to mind) so we cut the visit short and instead headed to the Farm for a couple of hours before heading home. Everyone feels better once visiting Moomaw's Farm!
Siah in her new flower made by Christy
We cannot wait for our next adventure!
Ohhh yay!!! Finally a Cherland family blog, I'm so excited!! Keep it up I'm sure your cute lovies will be so glad you did one day!! What a fun family vacation- San Diego is just heavenly! I'm sure the trip felt like home in a weird way!! Love all the pics, you have got some seriously cute girlies!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete