Friday, June 24, 2011

Slice of Life

As my husband LOVES to say, "Every day is Saturday!" at our house. As you may have read previously, this has been a dental-heavy week for us, with three of us visiting the dentist and the baby cutting a tooth. In between our appointments (and general misery) we took a trip to visit Moomaw's Farm (my mom and dad's place).

This is a picture from our trip out there last week, but it's cute of my sister and Juji, so I am including it. It's my blog, I can do what I want!


It's getting pretty hot in our area, so our major assignment from Moomaw and Poopaw was to water the tomatoes, pomegranates and grapes.


Here is Julianne, supervising the watering of "her" grapes. Of course, everything at Moomaw's Farm is "hers" (so she says), but she is especially possessive of these silly grapes.


This is her (again, last week) posing with the grapes


I have a ridiculously cute photo of Kasiah in her little pool, but the child is naked. I've been sitting here debating whether or not to post it and have decided that since my blog is not private (yet) I'm going to pass on the naked baby pictures. Just know that it is cute.

It's early here - like 3amish early - and the temperature is 81 degrees outside. I feel the urge to go running but it is both too dark and too dangerous! There is a very specific window of time that anyone is able to (safely) exercise outside - and it's a very difficult time of day to commit to....dawn. Once the sun beats down on the earth for thirty minutes, the day is done. A few months ago we picked up a pool that was on special at Target in anticipation of not being able to do anything else outside. Our goal is to set it up at the beginning of next week - once the back yard is cleaned up a bit. We are SO EXCITED! Until then, this is how we spend our days:


On a final note, because this post about nothing is getting long, my husband picked out my "going out" outfit the other day. It was really sweet of him - and it reminded me that dressing up every now and then is important. It's easy to lose your femininity between changing diapers and constantly smelling like milk! Here's the finished product, although this photo didn't capture the turquoise earrings that MADE the outfit! teehee The Girl's Night Out was fun - we had sushi and daiquiri's!

2 comments:

  1. So many fun Summer things! We would gladly take about 15 degrees from you- send them on over! I bet the pool pic of Kasiah is so cute!! Cute GNO outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Va va voom. You are looking very ready to go out and have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete