Friday, July 1, 2011

The week before the 4th of July, because that's when all the fun is REALLY going to happen

This past week was, once again, consumed by appointments that are too hard to schedule during the school year. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? When we were growing up we always had to do this stuff during summer and winter recesses - except now we have the joy of being on the parent end of it. Blarg.
The biggest bummer about taking care of health business is that we have to stay in town. In anticipation of this happening, Bret and I purchased a huge Intech pool a couple of months ago - BRILLIANT MOVE! It's 12 feet in diameter and we filled it up enough so that we can swim under water, but Kasiah's head is above when she stands. We also invested in a door alarm so that whenever the slider is opened this horrid loud beeping goes off - combined with the lock and a heavy slider we feel safe having the pool back there with Juji in the house.
Wiped out from swimming:

Here are some photos from a couple of days that we were able to sneak away and visit Moomaw's Farm for some swimming and croquet!






One final note - I've been super high strung lately. I think it's because of the stress (and cost!) of the dentist, but I'm an anxious person anyway. This past Tuesday I took my sister's advice and tried out a Yoga class - and it was totally amazing. I had no idea how hard of a work out it was until the next day when I was sore! Anyhow, if you can, try it.

1 comment:

  1. 1) I want to see pictures of your pool, cause I can't picture it (please)

    2) Kasiah just seems like an absolute love

    3) The picture of Juji and Bret playing croquet...adorable!

    4) Yoga and Pilates are SUPER popular here, I think you are right about it being a good stress reliever too-maybe I should try it out!

    5) xoxo

    ReplyDelete