In fact, the grapes were such a hit that they are already gone. We ate every.last.one. Oh dear. I think next up are oranges (my parents grow two types that are ready at different times of year) and then POMEGRANATES! Oh happy day! I live for November when the pommies are perfectly ripened.
Continuing along in the vein of farm-like activities, my dad arranged a pretty cool outing for us a couple of weeks ago (I'm a bit behind on the blog!) with family friends Andy and Connie. Connie is an adorable Southern Belle with a delightful accent and a real love of animals. She and Andy have bunnies, birds and dogs!
This is their Flemish Rabbit, Boomer:
And their menagerie of birds and bunnies:
Did I mention Andy is a falconer? They are *such* interesting people!
Boomer was an enormous rabbit, and Kasiah was not at all thrilled with him. It seemed as though she thought there was something really wrong with "the baby that was furry, with big ears." Julianne made fast friends with Corky, the little rescue rabbit above.
It was a lovely outing, and when we got home we all laid down. Isn't this cute?
Bret starts back at school this coming Monday, and I have a feeling these girls are really going to miss having him around. I know I will.
Have we introduced you to Minnie Pearl yet?
Moomaw was getting her hair done earlier this year when someone came in with photos of this little dear - she needed to find a new home. My mom fell in love and brought Minnie Pearl home with her.
As it turns out, she is a good addition to the family. She is a food thief, but we forgive her bad manners because she is so cute.
Minnie Pearl and Jack
I'm trying to think of a way to seamlessly flow to the next topic, but I've got nothing. The girls want my attention and Bret says he can give me only a few more minutes, so here is the important thing I MUST tell you all.
I saw Harry Potter 7, Part 2 in the theatre!!! It was AMAZING! My sister took me. We went on a date to Target, got some Taco Bell and hit up the Regal Cinemas Hemet. As we were purchasing our tickets the lady said, "There will be captions during this showing, will that bother you?" UM, YES! I hate to be a brat, but I hadn't been to the movies in THREE YEARS. So we went to the San Jacinto theatre instead - there were no captions and the movie was brilliant. We had some time to kill beforehand, so Katie and I hit up WalMart and ended up bringing an armload of presents home with us for Julianne and Kasiah.
Here is Julianne in her Tinker Belle shirt:
I love my husband, but that date will be hard to top. Love you, Katie!
And my time is up.
Your summer adventures at Moomaw's farm are magical!! Your girls will TREASURE these memories, as will you, and your parents. So delightful! Have I mentioned lately that I love that you blog now- yay!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis really was a good recommendation - I'm so glad you and Jeni and Nicole encouraged me to do it!
ReplyDelete