Sometime last month (must have been late August) we had a play date at Anya's. It was great - our buddy Nikki was there with her cuties Gracie and Brando. Brando was born 6 days after Kasiah. Here are the two Christmas babies:
Here is Brando, he is such a love!
It's been so long since that play date, but I remember talking to my girlfriends about the challenges parenting presents. Specifically, admitting that it can be super hard. I told a story about swatting Julianne's behind and then totally regretting it...and then laying awake at night praying for patience and for the strength to be a better Mommy the next day. One of my dear friends had the wisdom to chime in, "And then you plan this totally fantastic project that promptly blows up in your face, testing your patience and resolve all over again." So true. I need more play dates with these ladies.
Here is Kasiah with her Poopaw. Before we came for our visit I had to stop at the dollar store and the clerk thought my girls were so cute they needed an Elmo balloon. Neither girl objected.
Our cute little family:
We took J-Bones to the Hemet Farmer's Market near the Library. For her first time getting face paint she chose a Princess theme. Surprise, surprise.
Mom and I went and saw "The Help" during this visit. It was incredible. Isn't my date adorable???
Sometimes I think the hardest part about being a Mommy isn't dealing with the kids - it's piping up when you need a break. I remember this day with my mom...if she hadn't had come with me I would have gone by myself - that's how bad I wanted to get away. Even tonight, as I sit here typing, my husband keeps coming to me with an upset baby and chatty toddler and as much as I want to help - to calm Kasiah and hear Julianne's opinions on the various books she's toting around - I've already been at it for....let me see....11 hours. I'm a basket case right now. In fact, when I finish this blog I'm going to shower and it's about 90% certain I will have a good cry.
I know anyone reading this has been there, whether or not you have kids. I remember being much younger and thinking "you have to hold it together" when really, I've learned, you have to "break" in order to put it all together. Start new. Gather your strength from the new sets of lessons you've learned.
The good news is it's Tuesday. On Tuesday, I do "Maleficient" - which is a charcoal mask.
Peace out, friends. My bath awaits.
It took me almost three months of Olivia's sleepovers at her dad's house to realize that it is OKAY to enjoy my once a week afternoon-until-the-next-morning alone. Yes, the guilt seems well founded about wanting to be away sometimes (especially with the necessity involved, in our case), but I come back to her a better mother. I really do! I am all smiles and 'I missed you!'s for at least forty five minutes. :)
ReplyDeleteThis job is hard, and they say it'll all be worth it. But sometimes I think Olivia is pretty lucky that I love her more than anything on this entire planet when she pulls some of her stunts. You know?
:)
oh laura, sing it sister!
ReplyDelete