Monday, September 19, 2011

A Quickie

I have a book recommendation for you, my readers (both of you). haha. Just kidding. I have five readers!


I know you are like, "Say, whaaaaat?!"  Yes, there is a dragon on the cover. But I'm telling you, this book is incredible.  George R.R. Martin must have some crazy dreams and sleep with pen and paper by his bed, because this isn't stuff you think of while day dreaming.  No, not even boys can day dream this sort of adventure.  I'm on book 3, "A Storm of Swords" - which puts me about 3000 pages into this epic saga. If you are okay with an R rating, go pick this up.

Now, on to matters of children.

Last week I had some pretty rough posts if I remember correctly.  Being a mom is a messy business.  I am happy to report that we have implemented some "Kid-Free Mom Time" and I am feeling much, much better.  I think Bret's okay with it, too.  Thank heavens for this blog, I think he took my whining more seriously since I did it on the internets.

Also, our family is incredible.  They all have really, really demanding jobs and still take the time to make sure my girls have totally awesome memories when we visit on the weekends.

Here is a photo of Julianne after putting on some of Auntie Katie's expensive lipstick that she left out.  She was *so* tickled with her make-up job - until I lifted her to the mirror so she could see her handy work.  It clearly didn't look the way she thought it would:


This is Prince(ss).  My dad thinks it's a boy and Juji thinks it's a girl.  Poor Prince(ss) is the focus of Julianne's attention during most of our visits!


My most favorite shot!  I heard maniacal laughter outside and this is what I found: 

Seriously, I've never seen Kasiah laugh like that!

Here is Mom and her replacement children, Minnie Pearl (the food thief!) and Prince(ss):


Katie has become an expert at drawing Minnie.  I was way more impressed before I learned she took an art class at Chapman.



I know, they're cute.


2 comments:

  1. i love the lipstick story, haha i can just see her confused look when she peeked in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have book 4? If not, I will send it to you. It was at the library used book section and I couldn't pass it up. It was only a dollar! Let me know.

    ReplyDelete