I am suffering some serious FAIL right now with this blog - but I recognize the problem and am rectifying it by updating now rather than playing the "I'll do it tomorrow during nap time" game. Also, I just bit into a really hard red vine and think I may have just upset another one of my molars. Are you kidding me, world? I need a distraction. So. Stop thinking about that, Laura.
Newport.
At the beginning of the summer I found a terrific Groupon deal for a cruise in the Newport Harbor. Wisely, I snatched it up and threw it in my back pocket so we had an excuse to get out of this hellhole I call home. It turned out being even more brilliant when we all had major dental catastrophes and our summer budget was blown on crowns. Did you see how that happened? I am dwelling on teeth again.
I need a glass of wine.
Okay. Back with a glass of Barefoot Sweet Red. Have you tried this? It's delightful. I prefer my wine chilled, and this is a red one that is recommended to serve chilled. Also, it's mighty inexpensive. But I digress.
So, Auntie Katie, Uncle Daisy, See-Ra (Sierra, David's girly girl) were all in town so we decided to take the harbor cruise. Well, first we played around at the farm.
My sister Katie is quite the artist.
Sierra and Kasiah
Sierra and Boo Boo Chicken
We packed all sorts of delicacies for our trip: fancy bread, cheeses, fruit, and almond champagne. The drive was easy and before we knew it we were on the water!
Surprisingly, this one did not fight the life vest.
Did I mention mom and Sierra picked up a pizza and some hot dogs, too? It was a feast!
Mom, after one glass of champagne.
Poopaw thoroughly enjoying the girls.
Go ahead, you can say it. She looks like ME!
I get nervous over water. I mean, it's so deep. Does anyone else feel this way???
David and Juji disappeared, and this is where we found them.
I think it is much better to be the second baby. Bret would *never* have done this with Julianne.
The day after our totally rad boat trip, we had a play date which was really a mini high school reunion. Here is a picture of Ray and Julianne. Ray was trying to show Jules how to throw a ball back and forth, but the concept was foreign to Julianne. Julianne told Ray, "Let's go sit in the grass and think" and like a good little husband, he followed...although it was clear he didn't see the point in the exercise. Boys and girls are so different, people!
Here is a picture of Nicole, Kelly and Andi. I went to middle school with these people!
Brooke, her baby Mckenna (6 days older than Kasiah!) and her twin Bridget
Andi and her fellow, Ben:
Nicole, Jeff, Taylor and Josh
Amy and Tauna!:
It was such a lovely get-together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment