Monday, July 11, 2011

July 7, 2011 - Our Five Year Anniversary!





Bret and I were married aboard the Emerald Hornblower Yacht in the San Diego Harbor. It was a magical day that officially kicked off our journey through life together. Unofficially, our partnership began four years earlier, in 2002.

This is us - I'm 19, he's 20. Bret had a role in Neil Simon's "Lost in Yonkers" at Northern Arizona University. I had the privilege of Assistant Stage Managing the show.



Back in those days, Bret sported big hair. I believe it was referred to as a "fro". He was goofy and a bit too cool for me...until one day I walked by the costume shop and did a double take. Bret was sitting a table listening to music (surprise, surprise) and he had just gotten a hair cut for the production. My heart was a-flutter over this newly-revealed handsome young man. I'm not kidding, I literally stopped in my tracks as I walked past the door.

Somewhere along the way, we fell in love. I will always remember that time as the Fall of Orange Nights. Snow was falling and the campus lights made everything look orange. Our professor caught us kissing one night after the show as Bret walked me home. Below is a picture of the first place we shared together...you get the idea about "Orange Nights"!


Here is a photo of NAU



So, five years married - three cities, countless jobs and




Two BEAUTIFUL baby girls!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! And the Fall of Orange Nights...so romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress was so gorgeous! I loved reading the story of how you guys met. And yes, totally romantic!

    ReplyDelete