Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waaaaaaaaaaat?!

Oh.my.

My mother warned me that at age 3 kids become especially annoying persistant with questions.  Julianne's new thing is to ask "What?" whenever we ask or tell her ANYTHING.  But it doesn't come out as, "What?" as in "What was that, mother dearest?" but rather like the squawk of Iago from Aladdin, "WAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?"

"Julianne, don't pinch your sister."
"WAAAAAAAT?"

"Julianne, are you going to finish your dinner?"
"WAAAAAAT?"

and my personal favorite,

"Julianne, do you want to go to the library or the flower park?"
"WAAAAAAT?  Speak up Gaga, I can't hear you."

Yes, she really said that.  Personally, I think she is just buying time while she crafts a response.  This week we are working on the phrase, "Pardon me?"


Isn't this a lovely picture?

It took 5 shots to get this photo of the girls together!
  

Kasiah prefers to stand.  This is not good.  She is going to be walking early, I think.


Kasiah crawling!  So funny story...We have been eating like hobos on the ground for about two weeks.  We still have our table, it's just being used for a totally fabulous summer project Bret and I have been working on (and once it's done, I'll blog about it!). Whenever I set Juji's plate down, Kasiah makes a mad dash for it and Julianne goes into defense mode and lectures Kasiah on taking other people's food and that "babies can't eat big girl food."  It happens every time, and it's hilarious.

Poor, tormented Siah.

No comments:

Post a Comment